Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar, Alford, is a Selective Academy, currently having approximately 550 pupils on roll. The school is a very friendly and caring community in which pupils are known individually and valued. We provide a calm, happy and purposeful atmosphere and strive to help all pupils to achieve their full potential. In our last Ofsted inspections we were awarded the top rating, ‘OUTSTANDING’.
As a Business & Enterprise College, students are encouraged to be enterprising and departments all have good links with the business world. Students can set up their own businesses, trading in school, and there is a venture fund to support them. As a high-performing Specialist School, we were also selected to be a Training School. This benefited the school and the community by developing further professional research into learning and teaching, providing a centre of excellence for training and for sharing good practice widely, and using student voice to enhance learning and teaching.
We recognise the value of developing the whole person and therefore provide an extensive range of extra-curricular activities (run by staff and senior students) and many leadership opportunities. These include an annual Y12 Study Tour to Sydney, Australia and a biannual World Challenge Expedition (to Borneo in 2016).
We are very proud of our students and their wide-ranging achievements. These have included:
- In our Charity Week this year we raised almost £5,000 for the Ethan Maull Foundation.
- Last year’s A Level results of 79% A*-B being the best ever in Lincolnshire, and GCSE results placing us as joint 2nd in the County
- Value added being high at all key stages
- Pupils and staff have maintained a school garden, which supplies some fruit and vegetables to the canteen.
- Our school radio station run by students.
- County champions in U14 Girls’ Futsal
- District Champions for Y8 Boys’ Rugby, Y10 Boys’ Football, Y11 Girls’ Netball
- An excellent recent production of ‘Oliver!’
The information on this website will, I hope, provide you with a flavour of Queen Elizabeth’s. There is so much more, however, than any website could ever convey. To appreciate fully the way we work, I strongly recommend that you pay us a visit. Please come and talk to me, meet the students and their teachers and see the excellent facilities.